Teaching Our Lesson Part 2

This week my group and I wrapped up our final day of teaching! We spent all weekend preparing for our cooperative learning lesson, and we were feeling really confident. We decided to split the class into 4 groups and each group had a different task to complete. One group had to write a skit while the other 3 groups had to use apps on the iPads to create an animated character based on the person they were assigned. The students really enjoyed completing these activities and really got into the jobs we assigned them within their groups. The group I worked with collaborated very well together and were very excited to share their completed project with their peers. At the end of the lesson I felt very relieved that it was over. I also left feeling like I gained a lot of knowledge about teaching from this experience. One of the main things I learned was to not over plan because you'll end up overwhelming they students, and make sure that you check with all the students that they understand the topic rather than just one student. This experience made me realize how much I actually want to be a teacher! Although it is overwhelming and stressful, I enjoyed presenting the finished product to the students. I'm glad I had this experience and I'm looking forward to student teaching next fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins of Social Studies

Job Interview

5 Themes of Geography