Time to Start the Lesson Planning

This week involved watching the first group present their lesson plant the 5th graders. I was excited about this because it would give me ideas on what my group and I can do for our lesson. I thought this first group did a great job and set a good example for the rest of the class, and the 5th graders really seemed to enjoy it! The one thing I really liked was the story they told in their cooperative learning lesson. The students seemed to be really engaged and enjoyed doing the activity to help Columbus find the latitude and longitude lines. I started to plan my lesson and at first I thought it was going to be hard, but as I started preparing the ideas just kept coming to me and it is actually really fun to do so far. My group and I would like to complete our first lesson by the middle of next week so we can get feedback from Dr. Smirnova with time to fix things before we present. Although I find it overwhelming I know things will get easier as I learn how to be a better teacher and find ways to plan different lessons. This week was also teacher appreciation week, so I think its funny how that work out on first week of teaching our 5th graders. Next week I'll be continuing with preparing our lesson and creating activities for our second lesson. Overall the first group did an amazing job and I'm excited to see what the other groups have on store for the 5th graders!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins of Social Studies

Job Interview

5 Themes of Geography